"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
The media continually reminds us that the risks are real! How prepared is your organization and employees?
Hurricanes, Winter Storms, Tornadoes, Floods, Wild Fires, Workplace Violence, Pandemics, Global Economic Downturn.... The media is filled with calamities occurring on a daily basis that can have devastating effects on organizations just like yours. Although we can’t control a potentially disruptive event, we do have complete control over how we prepare and react to them. How prepared is your organization and employees if such an event were to occur in your area?
Organizations need to have an up-to-date continuity management program in place. Here are a few helpful resources to assist employees and their families to prepare for some of the common risks that we face...
- Visit FLU.GOV for up to date pandemic preparedness information
- NOAA Weather Safety and Awareness
- American Red Cross - Be Prepared
- What is your Readiness Quotient?
- US Department of Health and Human Services - Natural Disaster Preparedness
- COOP - Presidential Policy Directive / PPD-8: National Preparedness